Our next Microscopy Course is on TBD and costs £80. Registration will be available from January 2021.
COVID NOTICE: Course structure and delivery method subject to change to ensure safety of students and trainers. If the course is cancelled a full refund will be given.
This course is ideal for beekeepers that have an interest in pollen, bee anatomy, and bee diseases. It covers the BBKA Microscopy Certificate syllabus but there is no commitment to take the exam if you don’t want to.
The two day course is led by experienced microscopy beekeepers and includes lunch and refreshments.
The course covers:
- the different types of microscopes used by beekeepers
- how microscopes work
- how to setup a microscope
- collecting pollen and making pollen slides for identification purposes
- collecting samples of bees
- diagnosis of Acarine
- diagnosis of Nosema
- honey bee dissection, and first steps in mounting bee parts
All microscopy equipment is provided for the course.
If you have any questions please contact us.