- British Beekeeping Association: The BBKA represents all the English member associations.
- Welsh Beekeepers Association: The WBKA is the national support organisation for beekeepers in Wales.
- Gloucestershire Beekeepers Association: The GBKA represents the seven branches of Gloucestershire.
- Bee Improvement and Bee Breeders Association: BIBBA promotes the native or near-native honeybees of Britain and Ireland.
- National Bee Unit: The part of the Animal and Plant Health Agency which supports commercial and amateur beekeepers.
- FERA Science: Provides support and advice on agro-chemicals, veterinary medicines, nutrition, and disease.
- BeeConnected: Aims to keep beekeepers notified when a neighbouring farmer is applying insecticides to their crops
Training and Examinations
- BBKA Exams: The BBKA provides practical and theory assessments from Basic to Master Beekeeper.
- Mid-Bucks Study Notes: Useful revision aids for the BBKA Module exams.
- National Diploma in Beekeeping: The NDB provides short courses as well as the advanced NDB exam.
- Mid Bucks Beekeeper Module Study Notes: A set of study notes to support revision for the BBKA modules
General Beekeeping Information
- Dave Cushman: A huge resource that is considered by many to be the world’s most comprehensive and authoritative beekeeping website.
- Pollen Gallery: A lovely gallery of photographs of pollen with useful identification information from Northumbrian Bees.
- Beekeeping Forum: An active discussion forum.
- British and Irish Beekeepers Group: Facebook group for beekeepers (registration required).
- Scientific Beekeeping: An excellent site run by Randy Oliver presenting his research on bees and beekeeping.
- Laboratory of Apiculture & Social Insects: LASI (part of the University of Sussex) studies the honey bee and other social insects addressing both applied and basic questions.
- COLOSS: An international, non-profit association focused on improving the well-being of bees at a global level.
- International Bee Research Association: IBRA promotes the value of bees by providing information on bee science and beekeeping word-wide.
- Apimondia: Many of the papers presented at their bi-annual conferences are available.
- Frame Assembly: A step by step demonstration of frame making by Jim Vivian-Gfiffiths.
- Tom Seeley: Various talks by one of the world’s leading experts on bees and their behaviour
- Skep Heathland Beekeeping: A fascinating film following a German skep beekeeper in 1978.
If you have any suggestions please contact our webmaster.