Our next Microscopy Course is on Saturday 29th February and March 1st 2020 and costs £70. Register your place on the course here.
This course is ideal for beekeepers that have an interest in pollen, bee anatomy, and bee diseases. It covers the BBKA Microscopy Certificate syllabus but there is no commitment to take the exam if you don’t want to.
The two day course is led by experienced microscopy beekeepers and includes lunch and refreshments.
The course covers:
- the different types of microscopes used by beekeepers
- how microscopes work
- how to setup a microscope
- collecting pollen and making pollen slides for identification purposes
- collecting samples of bees
- diagnosis of Acarine
- diagnosis of Nosema
- honey bee dissection, and first steps in mounting bee parts
All microscopy equipment is provided for the course.
If you have any questions please contact us.