Our Honey show took place on the 6th October at the Main Place in Coleford. A good enjoyable day was had by all, helped out greatly with the excellent lunch provided by Rosemary.
Dave Sutton, our Honey Judge, provided open judging with lots of tips and tricks which was especially appreciated by our candidates taking module 2 this November. The most keenly contested class was the light honey with approx. 20 entries, first prize was taken by Di Webb but it was especially pleasing to see the branch honey come in 2nd. The best honey in
show was the entry in the novice class, so even the beginners can win the big prices. Our thanks also to Malcolm Cooper for judging the cakes which we sampled afterwards and were delicious. The cups were awarded as
- The Apis mellifera Cup for the best honey in Show to Corrine May
- The Major Noel Cup for the best exhibit in Show to Andy Gregory for ‘Frame Suitable for Extraction’
- The Lydney Apiary Tray for the winner of Class 8 to Corrine May for ‘Best Cake’
- The Phil Phelps Cup for the best wax in Show to Di Webb
- The Chairman’s Cup for the entrant with the most points from all the classes to Andy Gregory